It is responsible for undertaking all government printing works such as printing of various government Publications, Journals, Reports, Official Gazette, Budget Documents, Finance Accounts, Appropriation Accounts, Audit Reports, Report of the Auditor General of India relating to the State government, various Rules of the state government; Pamphlets, Brochures, Posters etc. relating to various programmes of the government; all kinds of D.O Letter heads, Visiting Cards, Invitation Cards of government officials; large numbers of scheduled forms and non-schedule forms use in state government departments etc.; It is also undertakes printing of Ballot Papers for Parliamentary, Assembly, and District Council elections, printing works of autonomous bodies on payment basis.
Stationery and Forms Wing
The Stationery and Forms Store is responsible for supply and distribution of Stationery articles, papers and schedule forms to the entire State Government Offices.
- Apart from other stationery articles, there are more than 2500 types of Schedule forms including Check Book which are printed in the Government Press and supplied to various indenting Offices on the basis of their annual indent.
- The various forms are supplied to the Government Departments on the Basis of Department’s annual indent.
- In addition, some of the forms like Challan, Service Book etc., are sold to the Autonomous Bodies and the public on payment and Revenue Collected is deposited to Revenue head.
- Annual indent of various Department are scrutinised taking into account realistic requirement based on numerical strength of the office concern and nature of works of the particular office, and the materials supplied according to availability.
- Annual tenders are invited for procurement of Stationery articles and papers and procured on the basis of the recommendation of Department Purchase Board and approval of the Government.
- The Directorate being the nodal department it also approves the rates of Typewriter, Photo Copier and Duplicating Machines, for the entire State Government Offices.